- Our commitment to your privacy
- The information we collect about you and how we collect it;
- How we use and share this information;
- How you can access and update this information;
- The choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your information; and
- Your privacy rights.
- Information we collect and how we collect it
Blue River collects the following personal information about you:
- Contact information, such as name, address, telephone number, email address and other information you provide to us.
- Pet information, such as name, age, health information and other information you provide to us.
- Billing and payment information, such as credit card information, banking, and financial information you provide to us or that we receive from trusted service providers who process our credit transactions.
- Device and Usage Information. Like most online services, our website and online platforms collect standard technical, non-personal information when you use them, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, internet service providers (ISPs), the pages and content you view or interact with on our website or online platforms, the information you search for, and the dates and times that you visit our website or online platforms.
- Cookies and Other Technologies. Our website and online platforms collect certain information through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies. Cookies are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use session cookies, persistent cookies, and other tracking technologies to better understand how you interact with our website, to monitor usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve and personalize our website or online platforms. Many internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You may be able to instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies from the websites you visit. Google provides some additional privacy options relating to Google analytics, described at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. We do not respond to “do not track” browser signals at this time. We may also use web beacons, which are transparent graphic images on a webpage or within the body of one of our marketing emails, to allow us to measure visitor actions and assess the effectiveness of our email marketing campaigns.
- Business and professional information regarding our current and potential business partners and acquisitions, such as business contact information, professional information, business financial information, references, and other due diligence information that we collect from you and other public sources.
- Employment-related information for our job applicants and employees, such as qualifications, experience, education, work history, and reference check information that we collect from you, public social media and other online sources, and references.
- Information required by law or governmental agencies, such as health information required during public health emergencies that we collect from you and applicable health care workers.
- How we use information
We use information collected about you:
- To Provide our Products and Services. We use the information that we collect to (i) provide you with and enhance our products and services and (ii) operate, maintain, enhance, and provide our website and other online platforms, and (iii) to manage our relationship with you.
- To Improve, Analyze, and Personalize our Website and Products and Services. We use the information that we collect to understand and analyze usage trends and preferences; to monitor and analyze the effectiveness of our website and products and services; to improve our website and products and services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality; and to personalize our website and products and services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use our website, or providing customized content and information.
- To Contact You. We may use your email address or other information we collect to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or to send communications, including marketing or promotional communications, relating to our products and services.
- For Employment-Related Purposes. We use employment-related information to hire our employees and manage our employment relationships.
- How we share information
We may share, transfer, or disclose your information if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- To Trusted Service Providers. We work with third party service providers to provide our products and services to you. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information. These service providers are not permitted to use information we share that might identify you for any purpose other than to provide services to Blue River or to you.
- In Aggregate Form. We may make certain aggregated non-personal information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests and usage patterns.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement; Protection of Our Rights. We may disclose your information (including your personal information) to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of our website or data bases, (d) to protect the property, rights, and safety of Blue River from harm or illegal activities, (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person, or (f) to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations
- In Significant Business Transactions. Your information, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
We do not sell personal information.
- Additional Privacy Notice and Rights for California Residents
- You have the right to know about the personal information we collected and disclosed about you and your household during the prior 12 months including:
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you and your household, and
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you, and your household including the categories of sources from which your personal information was collected, business or commercial purposes for which your personal information was collected, the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed your personal information, and the business or commercial purpose for disclosing your personal information to a third party.
- You have the right to request us to delete the personal information that we have collected or maintained about you and your household. We will delete your personal information by permanently erasing the information on our existing systems, de-identifying the personal information, or aggregating the personal information. If your personal information is stored on or archived or back-up systems, we will delete the personal information when our archived or back-up system is next accessed or used. We will also direct the third parties to whom we have provided your personal information to delete your personal information.
You can request access to or deletion of your personal information or the personal information of your household by submitting a request to us by clicking here and completing the online request form; or emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org; or asking for and completing a written request form at one of our physical locations. To protect the security of your personal information, we will require you to provide us with identifying information for you or your household such as email address, telephone number, pet name, a description of the product or service you purchased or inquired about, and/or other information that we can match with the personal information we have collected about you or your household to verify your identities.
You may use an authorized agent to request access to or deletion of your personal information or the personal information of your household. We will require your authorized agent to provide us with either (1) a power of attorney authorizing the authorized agent to act on your behalf or (2) your written authorization permitting the authorized agent to request access to your personal information on behalf of you or your household. Further, we will require you or your authorized agent to provide us with identifying information to verify your identity and/or the identities or your household members.
Within 10 days of receiving your request to know, we will confirm receipt of your request and provide information about how we will process your request. Generally, we will respond to your request within 45 days. If we need more time to respond, we will provide you with notice and an explanation of the reason we need more time to respond. We may deny your request if we cannot verify your identity or are legally permitted to deny your request. If we deny your request, we will explain the basis for the denial, provide or delete any personal information that is not subject to the denial, and refrain from using the personal information retained for any purpose other than permitted by the denial. We will maintain a record of your request and our response for 24 months.
You have the right to receive our products and services on equal terms regardless of whether or not you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
Individual California residents also have the right under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA) to request information about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information to our affiliates or third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties or our affiliates for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties or affiliates. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. Individual California Users must submit their requests to us either by email at: email@example.com or write us at the mailing address in the Contact Us section below. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email or mailing addresses specified in this section.
If you have questions or concerns regarding our privacy practices or your privacy rights as a California resident, please contact us as described in the Contact Us section below.
This Additional Privacy Notice and for California Residents section was last updated in June 2022.
- Our policy concerning children
Our products and services are not directed to persons under 18, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from persons under 18. If we become aware that a person under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
- Privacy policies of linked sites and advertisers
Our website may contain links to other sites, as well as advertisements from companies linking to their own sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. If you have any questions about how these other sites use your information, you should contact them directly.
Blue River has implemented reasonable security measures to maintain the security, confidentiality and integrity of the information collected, and to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of such information. While we take measures to protect your personal information against security breaches and unauthorized access, no security system can be effective all of the time against all security threats.
- Contact us
Blue River PetCare Group, LLC
1 S. Wacker Dr., Suite 2200
Chicago, IL 60606
Attn: Data Privacy