Below is a list of our available student opportunities, however, please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if you are interested in a position that is not yet listed.
At Blue River PetCare, we are committed to providing career growth and enhancement opportunities for veterinary students across the country. We are passionate about building connections with the next generation of veterinarians, while also contributing to their educational and professional development.
To help foster these connections, we are looking for enthusiastic Campus Ambassadors to function as the student liaison between their classmates and Blue River. As a Blue River Campus Ambassador, you will have the opportunity to build relationships with our extensive network of doctors and veterinary leaders and share these experiences with your school’s student body. The Campus Ambassadors will also play a key role in developing communications, programs, and outreach events in order to build further connections between Blue River and your fellow classmates. If you think you’d be the right fit for this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you!
- Function as the liaison between Blue River PetCare and your university (students, professors, staff members, etc.)
- Assist with planning and executing campus events that are hosted by Blue River PetCare, notifying the Blue River PetCare team of upcoming campus events and assisting with event coordination
- Utilize personal social media channels and in-person academic relations to promote available DVM and externship positions across the Blue River PetCare network, refering interested students to the BRP Talent Acquisition team
- $2,000/year paid in four equal amounts (twice per semester)
- Potential for tuition reimbursement after graduation
- First preference for externships and summer work at Blue River locations
- Various networking opportunities, including attendance at our annual Blue River conference
- Must be a first, second, or third-year student at an AVMA-accredited DVM program and in good academic standing
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
To express interest or ask questions about or Campus Ambassador program, please use the button below to apply, or contact our Campus Recruiting team directly at [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you!
What to Expect During Your Externship
We’re here to support you in making the vital transition from student to veterinary professional. The Blue River PetCare network, consisting of 80+ unique practices across more than twenty states, ensures you’ll find a practice that aligns with both your professional and personal goals.
Through an externship with Blue River PetCare you will receive:
- Individual mentorship
- Hands-on experience
- Real-world applications for your coursework
- Networking & potential employment opportunities
Qualified candidates are currently enrolled in an accredited DVM, CVT, or equivalent program and authorized to work in the U.S.