At Blue River PetCare, we take pride in adding team members who share our commitment to supporting the veterinary industry and the clinics within the Blue River PetCare family. Below is a list of our current openings, however, please feel free to reach out to: [email protected] if you are interested in a position that is not yet listed.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist (Campus Recruiting) supports our Operations and Talent Acquisition departments. This role is responsible for identifying and actively recruiting qualified veterinary students for clinical positions. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will build an external talent pipeline by engaging qualified candidates at university career fairs, industry events, and conferences to promote Blue River PetCare as the employer of choice. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will also build relationships with various sourcing networks and organizations to connect qualified talent to our clinical career opportunities. Ultimately, the responsibilities of the role are to ensure our company attracts, hires, and retains the best veterinary talent, while growing a strong talent pipeline.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Travel to industry events, conferences, and university career fairs, with heightened requirements during peak recruiting seasons (January-April; August-November) – (50 – 75% travel)
- Participate in the design, development, and implementation of recruiting-related activities
- Identify and actively recruit qualified veterinary students for clinical positions
- Initiate, coordinate, and implement networking events to facilitate interaction with veterinary students
- Build relationships with career center personnel, college faculty, and student organizations
- Design and implement marketing strategies to maintain employer partnerships and promote all programs
- Communicate strategies and key messages across the campus team and internal business stakeholders
- Minimum of two years’ experience within the veterinary industry
- Working knowledge of various hiring processes (phone interviewing, reference checks, etc.) and general human resources principles
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and Candidate Management Systems (CMS)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Must be able to travel domestically via plane and motor vehicle
The person in this position frequently communicates with managers at remote locations using email and phone. Must be able to exchange clear, accurate information in these situations.
Remote considered within close proximity to a major international airport in the Midwest or East Coast
Diversity is embraced at Blue River PetCare and the uniqueness of all individuals is supported. All qualified applicants will be considered for all positions regardless of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or ancestry